Decipher the enigmas hidden in the ruins of Pompeii with this excursion which also takes you along the seductive Sorrento coast.
Around 10 am we will pick you up at your hotel, taking a bus to the ruins of Pompeii, 40 minutes away.
The eruption of Vesuvius in the first century AD left the Roman towns around it buried for centuries. We'll learn the effects of this catastrophe, visiting the buildings well conserved under the ashes. Walking along the Via della Fortuna we'll take in the House of the Faun one of the most luxurious buildings found within the ruins. We continue through the old Roman city to see the other important public spaces of the time, such as the thermal baths, the brothel or the forum.
Having visited the ruins we will enjoy a lunch of pizza, with drinks included, and hit the road, stopping in front of the walls of the medieval castle which gives its name to the coastal area Castellmare di Stabia, and at one of its viewpoints we can admire panoramic views of the Neopolitan bay.
Continuing southwards we will arrive at the glamorous city of Sorrento. Here we will pass through the main points of interest and take in the public gardens of the Villa Comunale, from where we can contemplate the Sorrentino coast in all its majesty.
Having visited Sorrento we return to the bus to make the journey back to Naples, arriving around 5 pm.
This excursion is available for cruise passengers: in this case, the departure time is at 9:45 am from the Naples port. The meeting point is the Terminal Passageri (passenger terminal) in the Stazione Maritima (marina). When making your reservation please indicate this information in the "hotel pick-up" field.
If you would prefer a gluten free menu you should indicate so in the comments when making your reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 21 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 17||Children under 4|
Children between 4 and 17US$ 51.10
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line access to the Pompeii ruins.
Lunch with pizza and soft drinks
Additional drinks at lunch.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.