This offer is ideal if you want to enjoy the best of Naples and Pompeii in one day. Taking both tours on the same day, you will save both time and money.
City of Naples and Pompeii Tour Itinerary
At 8:15 am we will pick you up at your hotel to begin our tour of the historic centre of Naples.
The tour begins with the story of San Genaro in the Naples Cathedral. The blood of the city's patron saint, is said to re-liquify at certain times of the year: an important event for Naeopolitans. We will also visit the works of art held in the Santa Restituta Basilica, which along with the cathedral is one of the most important religious buildings in the city.
The solemn towers of the Castel Nuovo will receive us in the Piazza Municipio, and here we will stop to explain how this fortress has been witness to thousands of historical episodes, and following a brief photo stop in the Posillipo viewpoint we'll return to the centre by minibus.
We will continue our route to the Piazza Plebiscito, where the Neapolitan Royal Palace can be found. Whilst admiring the facade we will go over the most amazing stories to have been set inside it, which currently houses the largest library in southern Italy. In front of this palace can be found the Church of San Francisco de Paola, whose aspect is highly reminiscent of the Roman Pantheon.
You'll then leave Naples behind and head in the direction of Pompeii. Here we will visit the buildings which were buried following the eruption of Vesuvius in the 1st century, stopping outside the House of the Vetti, one of Pompeii's most impressive luxury buildings. In its ruins we will have the opportunity to see what remains of important public spaces such as Pompeii's brothel, complete with erotic wall paintings.
Having finished the visit to Pompeii we will return to Naples by bus, arriving around 1:30 pm.
Cruise shore excursion
This tour of Naples and Pompeii is also available as a shore excursion for cruise passengers. In this case, departure is at 8 am from the port of Naples and the meeting point is the Terminal Passageri de la Stazione Maritima (Molo Angioino). If you are a cruise passenger, please indicate this in the hotel pick up comments box when making your reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 21 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 6||Children under 4|
|Naples & Pompeii||
US$ 107.80 US$ 83.90
Naples & Pompeii
AdultsUS$ 107.80 US$ 83.90
Children between 4 and 6US$ 41.90
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to the Naples Cathedral and the Basilica of the Santa Restituta (free).
Skip the line tickets to the Pompeii archaeological site.
22% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.