Let yourself be captivated by the architectural jewels of Pisa on this guided tour of the Cathedral and Baptistery. You can also climb the Leaning Tower if you want!
Pisa Cathedral, Baptistery & Leaning Tower Tour Itinerary
After meeting your guide by the Porta Santa Maria archway, you'll enter the famous Piazza dei Miracoli, one of Tuscany's most important architectural complexes. Passing by the austere walls of the Camposanto, or monumental cemetery, you'll discover the secrets of this iconic square.
The first monument that you'll visit will be the Pisa Cathedral, also known as the Duomo. Inside, you'll learn all about the history of its construction, taking you back to the 11th century, as well as admiring the collection of artworks showcased in the central nave. You'll be left speechless by the mosaics, intricate paintings in the apse, detailed frescoes, marble sculptures and the impressive pulpit.
Having explored the Duomo, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the exquisite Baptistery, dedicated to St John the Baptist and, alongside the other emblematic monuments in Piazza dei Miracoli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Did you know this is the largest Catholic baptistery in the world? Its dimensions are unbelievable!
Your tour will come to an end in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the city's best known monument and one of the most photographed places in all of Italy. As you marvel at its stunning architecture, your guide will reveal the mysteries of the bell tower... why is it leaning? What does it have to do with Galileo? Discover the answers on the day!
Climb the Leaning Tower
When making your reservation, you'll have the option to include climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa. After the guided tour, you'll have the opportunity to climb to the top of the world-famous tower, the symbol of Pisa, and enjoy the spectacular views it offers over the city.
For safety reasons, children under 8 years old are not permitted to climb the tower.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults without Leaning Tower ticket||Children under 8 years old without Leaning Tower ticket||Adults with Leaning Tower ticket|
Adults without Leaning Tower ticketUS$ 29.10
Children under 8 years old without Leaning Tower ticketUS$ 13.50
Adults with Leaning Tower ticketUS$ 56.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Pisa Cathedral.
Entrance to Baptistery.
Entrance to Leaning Tower (optional).
Reduced group sizes, there will be no more than 10 people per group.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Pisa).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Yes (it varies according to every attraction included).
Piazza Daniele Manin.