Be taken away by fado with this incredible musical performance at Casa de Guitarra; one of the most famous fado venues in Porto.
Casa da Guitarra Fado Show
"Fado is not meant to be sung; it simply happens. You feel it, you don't understand it and you don't explain it." That's how one of the most important Fado singers, Amália Rodrigues, defined this traditional Portuguese music, and we can't agree with her more.
Named by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, fado is the most representative art form in Portugal, and one of the most iconic places to see a performance is undoubtedly the Casa da Guitarra. In addition to having a concert hall, this emblematic venue is also a typical Portuguese string instrument shop, and its owners live and breathe fado.
The show will last for approximately one hour, during which time you'll be able to witness the passion of the guitar strumming and the deep, meaningful songs. Plus, to make this experience even more memorable, you'll even be given a glass of local port. Cheers!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Teenagers aged between 13 and 18 yearsUS$ 13.90
Children aged between 3 and 12 yearsUS$ 8.10
Children under 3Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
Fado show at the Casa da Guitarra.
Glass of port.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (5:45 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Casa da Guitarra (Avenida Vímara Peres, 49).