This cruise takes in Porto's 6 bridges and is the city's most popular attraction. Don't miss it!
Six Bridges Cruise
During the six bridges cruise, we'll navigate along the Duero from the Arrábida bridge, the longest in the city at the mouth of the river, to the Freixo bridge, found at the far east of Porto.
As well as the aforementioned, we'll cross the Don Luis I bridge (constructed in the 19th century and 385m long) the Infante Dom Henrique bridge (built in 2003) María Pía bridge (designed by one of Gustave Eiffel's associates), and the São João railway bridge.
And more than just bridges, during the cruise you can also enjoy the best views of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, where the most famous wineries in Porto can be found. And of course, the cruise takes place on a traditional Rabelo boat, with which the barrels were transported from the vineyards of the valley to the Gaia wineries.
The boats leave from the Ribeira dock at 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3 pm, 4:30 pm and 6 pm. You can do the tour in any one of the Tomaz Do Douro company's boats by presenting your printed voucher.
Cruise from Vila Nova de Gaia
If you are staying on the other side of the river Duero, you can reserve the six bridges cruise from Vila Nova de Gaia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12||Children under 4|
|50 minute cruise||
50 minute cruise
Children from 4 to 12US$ 8.80
Children under 4Free
50 minute tour in a traditional Rabelo boat.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we ake bottles of wine on the cruise?
A - No.
Q - Are pets allowed on the boat?
A - The only pets allowed on board are guide dogs and other support animals.
Q - How many people fit on the boat?
A - There are various boats which take the Six Bridges Cruise of Porto. Normally the capacity is between 50 and 60 people.
Q - Can we you a pushchair/stroller?
A - Yes.
Q - Are the boats covered?
A - Boats are part covered, part uncovered. If it's raining, you can stay in the covered part.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Ribeira Dock, Porto