The Chacahua Lagoon National Park is a must-see in Puerto Escondido. Discover one of the most incredible spots on the coast of Oaxaca.
Chacahua Lagoon Day Trip
Having picked you up at your hotel in Puerto Escondido, we'll hit the road north to the The Chacahua Lagoon National Park, sure to amaze you for its rich biodiversity.
Near the lagoon we'll find the small coastal town of Zapotalito. There we'll climb aboard a boat to explore the park, where you'll find a number of migratory birds in its extensive vegetation.
During the tour we'll explore different islands, such as Las Culebras, El Cura, Nana Jacinta or Pañuelas. Each one has its own legends and stories which our guide will recount immersing you in the spirit of this special place.
Our route continues, taking us to the town of Chacahua. This fishing village is home to the Crocodile Biological Centre, where you can get up close and personal with these incredible animals.
Then the excursion to the Lagunas de Chacahua National Park ends with a visit to Chacahua Beach, where you'll have free time to enjoy its sands, or if you prefer, eat a delicious meal of local fresh fish and seafood (not included).
Then we'll head back to the hotels of Puerto Escondido, arriving at 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).