Near Puerto Escondido, you can find the Manialtepec Lagoon. Discover this natural pool and all the kinds of birds that call it home.
Manialtepec Lagoon Day Trip
Having picked you up at your hotel, we'll make our way from Puerto Escondido to Bacocho, taking in the stunning, untouched beach from a viewpoint nearby.
Our tour then continues, climbing aboard a boat which will take us around the Manialtepec Lagoon - where you can discover the iguanas, herons, ducks and parrots which have made their home in one of the most important wetland regions in the world.
Touring this natural refuge, our guide will explain the mysteries and legends surrounding the Mexican lagoon. The name of one of the islands, "Rooster Island" (la Isla del Gallo), for example, comes from the legend that every 24th of December a rooster can be heard calling for his owner, who died years ago on the same date.
Between these stories, we'll head to the point where the Manialtepec river joins with the sea, to enjoy some spectacular views. And to finish our tour, we'll arrive at Suelo Port, where we'll disembark and enjoy free time exploring the seafront, or taking a dip in the crystal clear waters of the Pacific.
The tour will return to the hotels of Puerto Escondido around 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 9||Children under 3|
Children from 3 to 9US$ 25.50
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in Spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Speedboat ride to the Manialtepec Lagoon.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).