Discover the anchovy canning process in Cantabria with this Santoña Canning Factory & Marshland Tour. You'll also visit one of the town's most visited locations.
Santoña Canning Factory & Marshland Tour
We'll meet at 10 am in front of the welcome mural in Santoña, located next to the car park at Avenida de Lons. From there we'll go to one of the many anchovy canning factories in the town, which will vary according to the season.
In this factory, we'll see how the anchovy fillets are made. It's a very laborious process, which begins with the cleaning of the fish and its subsequent placement and packaging in the tins that are distributed for consumption.
At the end of the guided tour, we'll enjoy an anchovy tasting from Santoña. This is undoubtedly one of the most popular products in Cantabria, which over time has become one of the hallmarks of the local gastronomy.
The tour will continue to the Santoña, Victoria and Joyel Marshland Nature Reserve. Here at one of the largest in the north of the Iberian Peninsula, we'll learn about its great environmental importance.
During the tour, you'll also find out about the main migratory birds of the Santoña marshes, the habitat for a number of species. The tour will end at 11:45 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 8.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
1 hour 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
English speaking guide.
Visit to a canning factory in Santoña and tasting of anchovies.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Santoña welcome mural, Avenida de Lons.