Taste the best products and recipes from the Alsace region when you take our fantastic gastronomy tour of Strasbourg market. Fresh products, sourced directly from local orchards and farms make the food stalls a feast for your senses.
Strasbourg Food Market Tour
We will meet in the heart of Strasbourg to start our gastronomic tour. From there, we will walk to a local market in Strasbourg which opens on Wednesdays and Fridays. Here, we will see the stalls of local farmers, who come here to sell their produce directly to the public.
Asparagus, French foie gras, Alsatian sauerkraut, smoked hams, blackberry cakes from the forests of Alsace, bread, pasta, pretzels, gingerbread, and so much more will be waiting for us at the market in Strasbourg. You will discover that this is a city that unites the best of refined French gastronomy with traditional German flavors.
Strolling through the market's narrow alleys, we will try some of these local products and recipes in a guided food tasting. Sample cured meats, cheeses paired with local wines and kouglopf, a traditional Alsatian brioche. At the same time, we will learn more about the history of Strasbourg and its gastronomy.
Last but not least, no trip to a wine-growing region like Alsace would be complete without a tasting of some of the local exports, such as the world-famous Crémant d'Alsace.
With our stomachs full and our taste buds satisfied, our tour finally finishes back in the center of the city.
Children under 4 years old cannot participate on this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and french.
Tasting of local produce
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Strasbourg Tourist Information Office