Explore the Inter Andean valleys and beautiful scenery with this Tarata & Ticaco Day Trip from Tacna. You'll also experience the Putina thermal baths.
Tarata & Ticaco Day Trip
At 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Tacna and board a bus to the province of Tarata. After an hour journey, we'll ascend up to 3500 metres (11500 ft) above sea level to visit the Apacheta lookout. Here we'll discover the contrasting landscape around the region including the inter Andean valleys, the Yucatamani volcanoes, Tutupaca and the Cordillera del Barroso mountain range.
We'll head back to the bus to visit the Tarucachi, a colonial church which has many similarities with the Tarata church. As we head inside you'll see the colonial mestizo style decoration with natural dyes, a beautiful interior which is barely known.
Next, the tour will arrive in Tarata, where we'll walk to the main square and church. We'll carry on to the Santa Maria Inca trail, from which we'll admire Tarata's stunning scenery and the Qala Qala caves, a sacred place for the people of Tarata.
At 1 pm we'll visit Tarata where you'll have time to have lunch, and then we'll continue on to Ticaco.
Once we arrive, we'll witness the remarkable views from the Corojollo Lookout, the church and then the Putina thermal baths (entry not included). In this magnificent natural area, you'll enjoy the baths at your leisure. Make the most of its relaxing environment after a day of exploring!
The tour will end back at Tacna at 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 7 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 95.10
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English y otro idioma.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in car with air conditioning.
Bilingual driver (English and Spanish).
Entry to the thermal baths.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).