Satisfy your lust for adventure by taking a rafting trip on one of the wildest rivers in Africa. Discover the beautiful surroundings of Victoria Falls and feel the excitement of taming the Zambezi river.
Zambezi River Rafting
We will collect you from your hotel at Victoria Falls before heading to the office where we will explain how the day will develop and instructions on how to control the raft.
Then, we move on to the camp, where you will be given all the necessary equipment for the activity. We walk down to the river bank, where the expert guides will be waiting to help you practice paddling and controlling the rafts.
Once you get the hang of how rafting is done, it is time hit the water and set off on our adventure! The white-water rapids will pull you quickly along a route of between 6 and 10 miles. The part of the river which we travel along depends on the time of the year, as the water level and force of the river varies in different seasons.
Downstream, drenched and breathless, you will find yourself at the end of our route. It is exhilarating when you realize that you have just accomplished this once in a lifetime experience.
When we the activity has finished, we will return to the hotel.
There are three types of raft to choose from when you take this activity. Each option offers a different kind of rafting experience on the Zambezi river.
- Oar raft: ideal for inexperienced participants, children, and seniors. The guides will be in total control of the raft, leaving the passengers free to enjoy the ride and the glorious landscapes without needing to paddle.
- Stern Mount Raft: ideal for families and people that have previous experience of rafting. These are the same as the oar rafts but with a rigid frame on the back. The guide controls the vessel with oars and the passengers will help with paddles.
- Advanced paddle rafts: on these rafts, everyone uses paddles to control the vessel and the guide will shout instructions. There is no fixed frame and no oars. This option is only recommended for people with previous rafting experience as there is a higher risk of overturning. On this option, we will make stops to prepare and plan for each upcoming set of rapids. There will be an additional kayak waiting to come to your assistance in the case that you fall into the water.
- Children under the age of 15 years old are not permitted to participate in this activity. Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The maximum weight allowed for participants on this activity is 310 lbs (140 kilos).
- Pregnant women and people with cardiac or back problems should not take part in this activity.
Departure from Livingstone
If you are currently based in Livingstone in Zambia, there is the option to do the same rafting activity departing from Livingstone.
Per personUS$ 120
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport to and from your hotel.
Tea or coffee.
Bottle of water.
Entrance into the national park (10 USD approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Victoria Falls local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).