Visit Ons Island with this return ferry from Vigo, and discover a stunning protected land full of natural trails, and enjoy its incredible virgin beaches.
Ferry to Ons Island
From the Vigo port, take a ferry to the Ons Island, part of the Atlantic Islands Natural Park, and a protected area filled with incredible landscapes. The island has been populated since prehistoric times, and villages you'll currently find there are known for their fantastic food and traditional way of life.
Following a crossing of a little over an hour, you'll have all day to explore the island's hiking trails around mountains and caves. You can visit the island's lighthouse, one of the largest in Spain, and shouldn't miss the traditional recipes on offer in the restaurants, and the crystal clear waters and beaches which are always a hit with visitors.
Important: Authorisation to visit Ons Island
Ons island is a protected area, and as such has a daily vsitor limit. To be able to visit the island, you must have an authorization from the Xunta de Galicia. Our partner will take care of this, however it is important that you provide all the relevant details when making your reservation, and that they are valid, otherwise we can't guarantee access to the island.
Once this authorization has been processed, you will receive it by email. You must bring it along with you, as well as your voucher either printed or on your phone.
If any one of your group cannot make it for whatever reason, you should let us know with at least 15 days' notice, so the Xunta de Galicia can remove this name from their list.
The ferry between Vigo and the Ons island runs on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in July and August. The departure times are as follows:
- Leaving from Vigo: at 12:15 pm.
- Returning from Ons Island: at 7:15 pm.
With your ticket, you can leave and return on the same day. If you would like to return another day, please contact us.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adultos||Niños de 3 a 12 años||Menores de 3 años|
|Ferry de ida y vuelta||
Ferry de ida y vuelta
Niños de 3 a 12 añosFree
Menores de 3 añosFree
Ferry de ida y vuelta entre Vigo y la Isla de Ons.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 10 days before (Vigo local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Mar de Ons Offices