Have you ever dreamed of flying to Everest Base Camp by helicopter? Make your dream come true with this trip from Kathmandu. Don't miss out!
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
We'll start by picking you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, and we will then head to the airbase. Here we'll climb on board a helicopter which will take us up close to one of the world's highest summits.
After making a quick stop to refuel at Lukla airport, we'll fly over the Khumbu Valley, the most well-known part of the Himalayas, and from here we'll be able to spot the famous Mount Everest, as well as Mount Pumori, Mount Nuptse and Mount Lhotse. Following 25 minutes of incredible views, we'll arrive at Everest Base Camp, our much-awaited stop.
We'll land close to Everest Base Camp, specifically at Kala Patthar, over 18,000 feet (5,545 metres) above sea level. Heaven for all photography lovers! You'll have 15 minutes here to admire the rugged mountains and revel in the breathtaking beauty of the nature surrounding you. If you're lucky, you might even spot some yaks, the most emblematic animal of Nepal.
We'll board the helicopter once again and set out towards the Everest View Hotel. We'll drop down to give ourselves a 360-degree view of the impressive peaks of the UNESCO listed Sagarmatha National Park. In this picture-perfect setting, you'll have 45 minutes to enjoy breakfast (not included) or make the most of the natural landscape.
We'll finally take the helicopter back to the airbase, and from there we'll return to your hotel in Katmandu.
- The fee to enter the Everest National Park (Sagarmatha National Park) is not included in the price. On the day of the tour, you will have to pay 32 US dollars per person.
- Each helicopter has a maximum capacity of 5 people. As there are limited spaces, we recommend booking as soon as possible.
- Should the flight be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, you will be fully reimbursed for the cost of the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 1,150
4 hours - 5 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Helicopter ride with several stops.
English speaking pilot.
Pick up and drop off at hotel in Kathmandu.
Flight fees (2 USD per person).
Everest National Park entrance fee (30 USD per person).
Breakfast at Everest View Hotel (25 USD per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).