Explore Santa Barabara Castle and discover the history, legends, and Muslim influence of Alicante when you take this walking tour.
Santa Bàrbara Castle Guided Tour
The wonderful Santa Barbara Castle stands atop Mount Benacantil on Alicante's wonderful coastline. We will meet up in the courtyard to start our guided tour of one of the largest medieval forts in Spain.
As you walk around, you will be transported back to the era of Muslim rule in the Iberian peninsula. As you discover the keep, the tower, and the cistern, you will learn all about the rebellions, betrayals, and fights which have occurred within its walls.
The visit would not be complete without also discovering the legends of wandering ghosts and love stories which have taken place in the castle. We will also tell you all about how the castle earned the nickname "the face of the monkey".
Besides being testimony to the history of Alicante, Santa Barabara castle is an essential visit. Its location at 544 feet high makes it a great place for panoramic views across the bay of Alicante and its surroundings.
- Although entry to Santa Barbara castle is free, on the day tour you must pay € 2.70 (US$ 3.30) if you want to ascend in the lift. You can also walk to the top or drive. The guide will be waiting in the courtyard of the castle.
- It is not possible to reserve the free tour of Santa Bárbara if you are in a group of more than 6 people.
- Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. A maximum of three children is allowed per adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|Guided tour in English||
Guided tour in English
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
The courtyard of Santa Barbara castle