Explore the Azay-le-Rideau castle and discover one of the architectural gems of the French Renaissance. You'll have all the time you need to explore one of the most important castles in the Loire Valley at your leisure.
Château Azay-le-Rideau Tickets
With this ticket, you'll be able to visit the Azay-le-Rideau castle; one of the most valuable fortresses in the Loire Valley. Set on an island in the middle of the Indre River, this castle is an architectural masterpiece that forms part of the Loire Valley UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You'll be able to explore the different rooms including the Biencourt Room, with a luxurious 18th and 19th-century design, and Phillippe Lesbahy's bedroom; wife of Giles Berthelot, the castle's first owner back in the 16th century.
Not only that, but its impressive façacde and its reflection in the water will leave you completely lost for words.
Château Azay-le-Rideau Opening Times
The castle of Azay-le-Rideau is open during the following hours:
- From September 1 to September 30: 9:30 am to 6 pm.
- From October 1 to March 31: from 10 am to 5:15 pm.
- From April 1 to June 30: from 9:30 am to 6 pm.
- From July 1 to August 31: from 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Please note, the last admission to the castle is one hour before it closes.
With this ticket, you will avoid the queues at the ticket offices. However, you will have to wait in line to for the security checks.
Admission to the castle of Azay-le-Rideau is free for the following individuals:
- Young people from the European Union between 18 and 25 years old.
- Children under 18 years old, regardless of their nationality.
Admission is also free for everyone on the first Sunday of the month between January 1 and March 31, and between November 1 and December 31.
In order to acquire the free admission mentioned above, you'll have to go to the site’s ticket office and present a certifying document of your eligibility for a free ticket.
Skip the line ticket to Château Azay le Rideau
Leaflet in English and other languages
When to book?
You can book up until 30 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Physical: Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation. An accompanying person is required. Accessible toilets. Free wheelchair loan service available. Show more
Visual: Has measures for visual accessibility. Provides signage for wayfinding and orientation. Information in accessible formats.
Intellectual: Has measures for cognitive accessibility. Information in easy-to-read format. Signage with easily recognisable pictograms.
Auditory: Has measures for hearing accessibility. Offers technological adaptations for the deaf. Security system and visual alarm. Staff with knowledge of sign language.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions