Explore the streets of Baena and fall in love with this Cordovan jewel. You'll also learn about its history at the Archaeological Museum!
Baena Guided Tour
We'll meet at the Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe) at the selected time and set off on our guided tour. Do you know why Guadalupe is the patron saint of the city? Come on the tour and find out!
We'll walk through the streets of the centre of Baena and arrive at Plaza de España, the oldest square in the city. Then we'll continue along the street Calle Amador de los Ríos, pass San Bartolomé Church and head down the street Calle Mesones until we reach the beautiful square Plaza de la Constitución.
On the way we'll make a stop to visit Baena's Historical and Archaeological Museum. There we'll go on a guided tour through the history of Baena from prehistoric times to the Contemporary Age, a journey through time that will take your breath away!
Are you interested in the Arabic history of Spain? You'll be fascinated by the Alamedina, the highest part of the city. These streets belonged to the Caliphate of Cordoba centuries ago, and we'll discover what is left of that era and what the old medieval fortified city was like.
We'll finish the guided tour at the Castle of Baena. Before saying goodbye, we'll learn all about about its origins and how it came to be in its current state.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 10 and 15US$ 9.70
Children between 4 and 9US$ 3.60
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Historical and Archaeological Museum.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe