Become an expert in olive growing and the production of olive oil at Baena's fascinating museum. Delve into this Mediterranean tradition!
Olive Oil Museum & Tasting
We'll meet at the Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe) and from there we'll make our way to the Museo del Olivar y el Aceite, Baena's olive oil museum.
Inside the museum, our expert guide in olive growing will show us the oil production process, from the harvesting of olives to the mechanical processes that are carried out in the oil mill. We'll even get to see different 19th century mills. Did you know that oil is known as liquid gold?
Now comes the best part! We'll get to taste three types of olive oil. Extra virgin, virgin or just olive... Will you be able to tell the difference? You're sure to be experts at the end of this experience!
Our tour will end an hour and a half later at the museum.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 10 and 15US$ 9.40
Children between 4 and 9US$ 3.50
Children under 4Free
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Museo del Olivar y el Aceite.
Olive oil tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Baena local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe