Discover southern Italy's beauty and charm on this Puglia 6 Day Tour. You'll visit remarkable locations such as Bari, Lecce, Alberobello and Matera.
Puglia 6 Day Tour
Day 1: Bari
The tour will start from the agreed meeting point in Bari. After getting settled into the hotel, we'll visit the historic centre of Puglia's capital and explore the alluring narrow streets. This will take us to the San Nicola Basilica and the Normanno-Svevo Castle, built in the 12th century by the Norman King Roger II and reconstructed by Frederick II. From here we'll admire impressive views of Bari.
Following on, we'll wander through the Piazza Mercantile and see the ancient Column of Justice. Later, we'll have dinner and head back to the hotel.
Day 2: Trani, Castel del Monte and Alberobello
After breakfast, we'll board a bus towards Trani, a medieval city known as the 'Pearl of Puglia' and discover the Jewish quarter as well as its marvellous white stone cathedral. Later in the afternoon, we'll go to Castel del Monte, one of the most visited locations in the south of Italy. It boasts a fortress with remarkable geometry and hidden secrets.
The tour will continue on to Alberobello, named a UNESCO World Heritage site because of its 'trulli' (the 14th century whitewashed stone huts with cone-shaped roofs). You'll feel like you're in a fairytale as you walk through the small village. As the sun sets we'll spend the night and have dinner in a traditional 'trullo'.
Day 3: Alberobello and Matera
In the morning we'll make our way to Matera. Here you'll be surprised by the intriguing architecture of the 'sassi di Matera'. These ancient cave dwellings were first used as homes over 9,000 years ago. We'll also visit the Romanesque Cathedral from which you'll admire spectacular views of the 'sassi'. In the evening we'll go back to Alberobello.
Day 4: Locorotondo and Ostuni
On the fourth day, we'll discover two charming villages. The first stop will be Locorotondo, where you'll have free time to explore another 'white city' in Puglia.
Afterwards, we'll go to Ostuni, which dominates the coastal plain and stands out in the centuries old olive trees valley. You'll have the opportunity to enjoy the city and sample some local products at your leisure, such as olive oil. Later, we'll get back on the bus towards Lecce, where we'll have dinner and stay the night.
Day 5: Lecce, Otranto and Supersano
We'll have breakfast and spend the morning enjoying a guided tour of Lecce, located in the heart of the Salento region. The tour will take us through the old town and its symbolic landmarks including the 12th century Cathedral, the Santa Cruz Basilica and the Duomo Square.
Next, we'll head to Otranto, which you'll be free to explore at your own pace. You'll find remains of different villages including Greek, Roman and Turkish. We recommend stepping inside the cathedral to admire the mosaics that rival that of Ravenna in terms of wealth. In the afternoon, we'll make our way to Supersano, where the day will end with a dinner in the 'Masseria le Stanzie'. In this old farm, we'll learn how pasta is produced in the region. Then we'll go back to Lecce.
Day 6: Lecce
Once we've had breakfast at our hotel in Lecce, the tour will end. If you would like to book a transfer to Bari, you can contact us when booking.
On this 6 day tour, you'll stay in the following 4 star hotels:
- Day 1: Hotel The Nicolaus / Hotel Hi Bari
- Days 2 and 3: Trulli Holiday Resort
- Days 4 and 5: Hotel President o Delle Palme
The hotels may vary according to availability, but the alternative will be to the same standard.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
The price indicated is per person staying in a double, triple or single room.
|Per Person: Double room||Per Person: Triple room||Per Person: Single room|
Per Person: Double roomUS$ 1,982
Per Person: Triple roomUS$ 1,982
Per Person: Single roomUS$ 2,235
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
5 nights accommodation.
Reduced group of up to 15 people.
Tourist tax for room (between € 1 (US$ 1.20) and € 5 (US$ 6) per person per night).
When to book?
You can book up until 7 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.