On this tour, we'll get to fully explore two of the most essential monuments in Beijing, the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven. You'll even get the chance to visit the famous Pearl Market.
This tour is the ideal complement to the Tiananmen, Forbidden City, and Hutongs Tour.
Summer Palace & Temple of Heaven
After picking you up from your hotel at 9 am, we'll head northwest to our first stop, the Summer Palace.
Extending over 290 hectares of land, the Summer Palace is an enormous property that was used by the emperors of the Qing dynasty to escape the high temperatures of the summer months. During the visit, we'll explore the most interesting parts of the palace as we find out about their history and legends.
After this extensive visit, we'll stop to eat in a place of your choice.
In the afternoon we'll head to the Temple of Heaven, one of the largest sacred buildings in China. This temple was the place where the emperor made sacrifices to thank Heaven for the fruits obtained and prayed for future harvests.
Besides visiting the temple itself, the park where it is located is also an interesting attraction, as you can see local people practising tai chi, playing cards, flying kites and attending dance classes.
The last stop will be the Pearl Market, located next to the temple. Its name may be misleading, much like the Silk Market, as it sells an array of clothes, accessories, jewellery and replicas of all kinds.
At 5 pm the tour will end and we'll drop you back at your hotel or a place of your choice.
During the winter, or during the summer when we finish the tour early, we'll also visit the Beijing Olympic Village.
As this is a private tour, you choose what you want to see, just let the guide know at the beginning of the visit. For example, you can change the Pearl Market for the Silk Market, or a visit to a park.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organised for you and your partner, friends or family.
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 200
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 280
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 408
Up to 20 peopleUS$ 540
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Private vehicle and driver.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Beijing local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.