Spend a day island hopping in Bocas del Toro: explore the paradise beaches of the Zapatilla Islands and Cayo Coral and keep your eyes peeled for sloths and dolphins!
Bocas del Toro: Zapatilla Island & Coral Cay Tour
Ready for a day in paradise? We'll pick you up from your hotel on Isla Colón at 9:30 am and head to the Bocas Marine Pier, where a boat will be waiting to take us to two of the natural gems of the Bocas del Toro archipelago: the Zapatilla Islands and Cayo Coral.
We'll sail across the sparkling emerald waters off the Panama coast, passing through an area known as Dolphin Bay. Keep your eyes peeled for these incredible friendly marine creatures! If we're lucky, we may get to see the numerous dolphins that inhabit this area of the Caribbean as they play alongside our boat.
Our boat trip will bring us to Cayos Zapatillas, where we'll disembark on one of the islands' spectacular white sand beaches. You'll then have an hour of free time to take a refreshing dip in its crystal clear waters or head inland to explore the tropical jungle that covers the island.
The tour will then continue onwards to Cayo Coral, a postcard-perfect island where you'll be captivated by the characteristic thatched roof cabins and the wooden docks connecting people's homes.
Finally, we'll have the opportunity to see one of the most emblematic animals of this area of the world: sloths! They live in the treetops of Coral Cay, so make sure to watch the leaves above your head and you'll hopefully catch a glimpse of the slow-moving creatures.
At the end of an unforgettable tour filled with paradise islands and incredible wildlife, we'll return to hotels on Isla Colón for around 3:30 pm.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes pick up from hotels located on Isla Colón. If you're staying on one of the other islands in Bocas del Toro, you'll have to make your own way to Bocas Marine Pier at 9:30 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and drop off at hotels on Isla Colón.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus and boat.
Entrance fee for Zapatilla Islands (10 US Dollars per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.