Discover two of the most spectacular places in Bocas del Toro on this day trip: crystal clear sea, lush jungle and paradise white sand await you at Starfish Beach and Bird Island!
Bocas del Toro: Starfish Beach & Bird Island Tour
At 9:30 am on the morning of your day trip, we'll pick you from your hotel on Isla Colón, the main island of Bocas del Toro. From there, we'll head to the Bocas Marine Pier, where a boat will be waiting to take us to two of the most beautiful places in Panama: Starfish Beach and Bird Island. Ready for an adventure in paradise?
We'll cruise across the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea in the direction of Playa de las Estrellas, a beach located on the opposite side of Isla Colón to Bocas Town, and so named for the abundance of starfish, or "estrellas", that live here. This little corner of paradise is one of the most popular beaches in Bocas del Toro, and you'll soon see why as you step foot on its soft white sand and take in the views.
You'll have four hours of free time to enjoy this magical place, swim and snorkel amongst the starfish or simply sunbathe on the sand.
We'll then return to the boat for the journey over to Isla Pájaros or Bird Island, a tiny islet that has become a sanctuary for tropical birds. See if you can spot the different species of native and migratory birds that live here, like pelicans, frigates, gannets and even red-billed tropicbirds, famous for their long tail feathers.
You'll be enchanted by the massive coral reefs visible in the sparkling emerald waters and the lush vegetation on the island - a true delight! After filling your cameras with beautiful photos, we'll make the return journey to your hotel on Isla Colón for around 3:30 pm.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes pick up from hotels located on Isla Colón. If you're staying on one of the other islands in Bocas del Toro, you'll have to make your own way to Bocas Marine Pier for 9:30 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and drop off at hotels on Isla Colón.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus and boat.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.