Join this guided walking tour around MIT and discover one of the most prestigious universities in the world. This famous university trains the best astronauts and delivered the first moon landing!
MIT Walking Tour
We'll meet at Kendall Square at your selected time and we'll begin the walk around the MIT, Massachusetts Insitute of Technology, campus. It's the most important Technology university in the United States! Our first stop will be at Stata Centre, which consists of the Gates and Dreyfoos Buildings.
Next, we'll head to the Green Building, the tallest structure on campus and in all of Cambridge. The 21 floors host MIT's Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences departments. Did you know that some of the most significant innovators to study at MIT include Tim Berners-Lee (inventor of the World Wide Web), William Hewlett (co-founder of Hewlett Packard) and Alfred P. Sloan (CEO of General Motors)?
The visit will also take us to the most important site on the campus: The Great Dome. Here we'll find out about the deep-rooted traditions amongst MIT students. Then we'll walk along Massachusetts Avenue to reach Harvard Bridge, the longest bridge to cross the Charles River.
We'll also see Lobby 7 which leads to the Infinite Corridor that runs through MIT's main buildings. The corridor is 800 ft (251 metres) long and is one of the main entrances to the campus. Here the tour will end after 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Guided Tour of Harvard & MIT
Complete your experience visiting another of the USA's most famous universities with our combination Guided Tour of Harvard & MIT.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Over 65 years oldUS$ 12.49
Children between 4 and 17 years oldUS$ 12.49
Children under 4 years oldFree
1 hour 10 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Map of Cambridge and Boston.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Kendall Square/MIT Subway Station.