Discover the treasures of Medieval Brasov by moonlight, on this exciting nighttime tour like no other!
Brasov Walking Tour at Night
The beautiful city of Brasov is home to many mysteries, and on this walking tour our expert guide will tell you all about them while showing you the wonderful sights under the moonlight.
We'll start at 7:30 pm in front of the History Museum in Piata Sfatului, known in English as Council Square. Located in the centre of the city, when lit up at night it seems peaceful and idyllic, but did you know that a pillory in the middle of the square used to be used for public humiliation and witches were also punished here?
We'll continue our nighttime walking tour, visiting the city's main monuments, one of which is Catherine's Gate. This was built by the Tailors’ Guild in 1559 for defensive purposes after an old gate was destroyed by flooding in 1526.
Next, we'll walk past the Black Church and pause outside to admire the region's largest Lutheran place of worship. Built by the German community in the 14th and 15th century, the church is the country's most important Gothic monument.
After 2 hours seeing the most important tourist attractions, medieval buildings and Baroque structures, our walking tour will come to an end. Be sure not to miss out on this unique way of exploring the city!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 6 years|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 13.30
Children under 6 yearsFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
Entrance to the monuments visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (6:30 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Piata Sfatului, outside the History Museum