Explore the unmissable sights of the Slovak capital in a new way: aboard a historic vehicle. You'll get to enjoy tradition and history in comfort on this tour of Bratislava by tourist train.
Routes and timetables
When making your reservation, you'll have a choice between two options:
Castle route (60 minutes)
Departing from Bratislava city centre, you'll explore the main tourist sights of the Slovak capital on board the Presporacik tourist train.
You'll pass by St Martin's Cathedral, the largest and one of the oldest churches in the city, and Kammene nameste or 'Stone Square', as you drive through the heart of the historic centre.
The historic vehicle will take you up to one of the city's most symbolic buildings: the Bratislava Castle. At the castle, the tourist train will make a twenty minute stop during which you can explore the ancient fortress and enjoy the panoramic views over the city. Thanks to your audioguide, you'll learn numerous fascinating details about the medieval fortress constructed on the banks of the Danube river.
Heading back to the city, you'll pass SNP Most: the Bridge of the Slovak National Uprising, and you'll drive alongside Europe's second longest river, the Danube.
- All year: every hour from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Sunday.
Panoramic route (95 minutes)
After meeting in the heart of the Slovak capital, you'll head first to Slavin: a monument dedicated to the Soviet victims of World War II. After a fifteen minute stop here, you'll continue towards Bratislava's impressive castle, where you'll make a twenty minute stop to admire its imposing stone walls and the panoramic views over the city.
Making your way back to the original meeting point, you'll pass more of Bratislava's iconic landmarks such as the Slovak National Theatre, the stunning Church of St. Elizabeth, better known as the Blue Church, and the Grassalkovich Presidential Palace.
- All year: at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm.
Meeting and drop off point
Whichever tour you choose to book, the two routes both start and finish at the same place: Hviezdoslavovo Námestie, in front of the historic Slovak National Theatre building(Slovenské národné divadlo).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 7.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 11.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Tourist train tour of Bratislava, on your chosen route.
Audioguide in English.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (10:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Hviezdoslavovo Námestie (in front of the historic Slovak National Theatre building).