Discover the myths and legends that surround this Belgian city on a walking tour of Bruges at night with an expert English-speaking guide. What's more, it's FREE!
Bruges at Night Free Tour Itinerary
Dimly-lit deserted streets, a chill in the air, mysterious fog rising from the canals... heart beating faster than usual? It's probably nothing to worry about... or is it? Get to know the surprising mysteries and legends of Bruges, embracing the city's dark side with an expert guide. You'll begin your tour at Grote Markt, in the heart of this quaint Medieval city.
When the old town is empty of tourists and only the solitude of the night reigns, we'll head for the old bag of Bruges: the Ter Beurze House. Nearby is the Jan Van Eyck square, where we'll learn what hidden messages this popular Flemish painter left us in his canvases. We'll also visit the most emblematic quarters that have inspired poets and writers.
Not far from here, you'll reach Jan van Eyckplein. As you stroll over the picturesque cobblestones, your guide will reveal some of the secret messages hidden in the works of the famous Flemish painter for whom the square is named.
Continue your free walking tour along the banks of Bruges' canals, heading in the direction of the Sint-Anna Quarter. Hear more mysterious tales about this area of the city before reaching the final stops on your route, including Sint-Janshuismolen. This flour mill has been working since it was built in 1770!
One of the last stops of our free night tour of Bruges will be in front of the Sint-Janshuismolen (St. John's Mill) where we'll have an incredible view of the city. The tour will finish in a Bruges pub, to enjoy a free Belgian beer tasting.
- It is not possible to reserve this free tour if you are a group of more than 6 people. If this is the case, we recommend booking a private tour of Bruges.
- Alcohol will only be served to adults over 18 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Bruges history.
Free tasting of a Belgian beer in a city centre pub at the end of the tour.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (6:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.