Embark on a 2.5-hour free walking tour of Brussels and discover the main sights as you learn about the history of the landmarks accompanied by a professional English-speaking guide.
Brussels Free Walking Tour
Since the capital of Belgium is rather hilly, there are two free guided tours to chose from:
10:30 am Lower City Tour
The Lower City Guided Tour takes places every day of the week at 10:30am. Meet your guide in the heart of Brussels (in the Grand Place) and set off on a 2.5-hour walking tour. Learn about the city’s history, the Belgian monarchy and the importance of the European Institutions as you stroll through the charming cobbled streets of the Old Town. This free tour will focus especially on the “Quartier Marolles”, one of the oldest neighborhoods in Brussels, located between the south railway station and the Palais de Justice. The highlights of this tour include the Manneken Pis, the thriving Anspach Boulevard, the Art Deco buildings on Vieux Marché aux Grains street, De Brouckère square and the beautiful Galeries Royales Saint Hubert, among many other landmarks.
3 pm Upper City Tour
The Upper City Guided Tour departs every day from the Grand Place at 3:00 pm. Commence your free guided tour of Brussels by exploring the Galeries Royales Saint Hubert, a famous arcaded shopping center, and walk into the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula. Explore the capital’s major Roman Catholic church, including the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, accompanied by your professional English-speaking guide. Next, head to the Royal Square, home to the Royal Palace and walk past the charming Musical Instruments Museum, the Magritte Museum and the Palace of Fine Arts. Discover the power of the nobility and the church during the past centuries, concentrating on the Habsburg dynasty and the House of Burgundy. Lastly, wander through the Petit Sablon and the Grand Sablon and admire the world-famous Manneken Pis.
- If you’re travelling with over 6 people, please book a private tour. Groups of over 6 people will not be allowed to participate in the Brussels Free Walking Tour.
- Minors must always be accompanied by an adult. Each adult can be accompanied by a maximum of three adolescents or children.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Professional English speaking guide.
Visit the Grand Place, Manneken Pis, Sainte Catherine, Grand Sablon, Royal Square, among many other places.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Grand Place, in front of the City Hall.