Hike through the mountains in Sardinia and visit the second-highest gorge in Europe on this day trip to the Gorropu Gorge.
Gorropu Gorge Day Trip
After picking you up from your accommodation, we'll board a jeep and head to Gorropu Gorge, the second-highest gorge in Europe. According to legend, from the narrowest point in the gorge, you can see the stars in broad daylight!
We'll walk along a 2-kilometre trail until we reach the Gorropu Gorge, eroded by the Flumineddu River. This magnificent canyon will take your breath away!
As well as enjoying a pleasant hike through this protected natural environment, we'll discover the fascinating legends and stories that surround it. Lastly, before heading back to your hotel, we'll taste a typical Sardinian snack.
Hotel pick up
The tour includes hotel pick up and drop off for the main hotels in Cala Gonone and Dorgali. If you're staying elsewhere or would prefer to make your own way to the meeting point, we'll pick you up from Viale Palmasera.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 7% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 6 years old|
Children under 6 years oldUS$ 50.90
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Typical Sardinian snack.
Entry fee to the gorge.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Cala Gonone local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).