See the giants of the sea in their natural habitat on this day trip from Cali to bahía Málaga, where you'll be able to see majestic humpbacks leap from the water.
Whale Watching from Cali
The tour meets in Carrera 9 in Cali at 4:30 am either at your hotel or at Carrera 9 #3-01 in Cali. From there we'll climb aboard a bus to hit the road to Colombia's main port, Buenaventura. Following a journey of two and a half hours, we arrive at our destination, and will celebrate the fact with a delicious breakfast.
Then we'll climb aboard a boat, sailing the waters of the Pacific over the course of an hour, keeping our eyes peeled for the humpback whales commonly spotted in the area - where they live for three months of the year.
Then the tour sets sail to Playa Juanchaco. Having arrived, we'll climb aboard a boat to once again coexist with these majestic marine mammals - and where it's also possible to see turtles, dolphins and pelicans.
With an unforgettable morning among these giants of the sea, you'll have the afternoon free to soak up the sun on the beach before your bus takes you back to Cali, arriving at 10 pm. We'll drop you off at the meeting point Carrera 9 or in the San Antonio district.
At the time of booking, you can choose to be picked up at the hotel or go to the meeting point on your own.
- Meeting point: Carrera 9, 3-01, Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
- Hotel pick-ups are made in the following Cali neighborhoods: San Fernando, Alameda, Miraflores, Libertadores, Cristales, Arboledas, Santa Teresita, Santa Rita, Normandy, Juanambú, Centenario, Avenida Sexta, Granada, Santa Mónica Residencial and Chipichape. Pick up takes place between 4 and 4:30 am.
Note: Return transport to your hotel is not included, you can finish the tour in the San Antonio neighbourhood or the meet point.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Whale watching from Cali||
Whale watching from Cali
Per PersonUS$ 612,500
18 hours - 19 hours.
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport by bus, minibus or car depending on the size of the group.
Return sea transport.
Whale watching tour.
English speaking guide.
Breakfast, lunch and appetizer.
Afternoon free on the beach.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (2:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).