This walking tour of Cali is the best way to explore the Colombian capital of salsa. You'll stroll through its lively squares and see its most emblematic buildings. Plus, it's free!
Cali Free Walking Tour
We'll meet at 10 am next to the San Antonio Park and set off on our walking tour of Cali. Welcome to the Colombian capital of salsa! First, we'll pass by the Plazoleta Jairo Varela, a lively square full of restaurants and cafes.
Then we'll head to the Centro Administrativo Municipal. As we marvel at these two magnificent towers, we'll learn all about the current political situation in Cali. Afterwards, we'll walk along the Bulevar de la Avenida Colombia to discover the historic centre of the city on the banks of the river!
We'll also stop in front of the Iglesia la Ermita church, one of the symbols of Cali. Did you know it was knocked down by the 1925 earthquake? Next, we'll visit the Plaza de Cayzedo, considered the green lung of the city, followed by the Plazoleta de San Francisco, where we'll discover the history of its Franciscan cloister.
Lastly, we'll head to the Gold Museum. If you do the tour from Tuesday to Saturday, you'll even get to see some archaeological pieces.
The free tour will end at 12:30 pm back at the starting point.
This free tour of Cali doesn't permit reservations for more than 6 people.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entry fee to the Gold Museum (only from Tuesday to Saturday).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (8:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Carrera 9 # 3-01, San Antonio neighbourhood.