Carthaginians, Romans, Muslims, Christians... Discover the legacy of the different civilisations that have populated Carmona on this visit to two of the most emblematic monuments of the "Bright Star of Europe".
Carmona Church & Alcazar Tour
We'll meet at 11 am in the Plaza Blas Infante square, next to the Puerta de Sevilla. We'll start the tour exploring the defensive complex that has protected the city since the Carthaginian period.
We'll head into the Alcazar of the Puerta de Sevilla or "de Abajo", a magnificent Moorish fortress. From its highest point, the Tower of Gold, we'll enjoy breathtaking views of the city. Then we'll stop at the Patio de los Aljibes to admire a medieval cistern dug out of the rock that was used to supply water to the residents of the Alcazar.
Next, we'll head to the Iglesia de Santa María church, a spectacular example of gothic-renaissance architecture that was built over the remains of the city's old Great Mosque.
The tour will end after two exciting hours discovering the impressive cultural heritage of Carmona.
If any of the monuments are closed, we'll visit a similar monument instead.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 19 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 7.20
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local guide specialising in art and history.
Entry fee to the Alcazar of the Puerta de Sevilla.
Entry fee to the Iglesia de Santa María church.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Puerta de Sevilla.