Travel back in time to the 2nd century BC and discover the ancient Roman Carmo, one of the most important urban centres in Hispania Baetica.
Tour of Roman Carmona
We'll meet at the entrance to the Roman necropolis of Carmona ready to set off on a two-hour tour to discover the Roman heritage of the city.
We'll start by entering one of the most important archaeological sites on the Iberian Peninsula: the Archaeological Site of Carmona. Here we'll visit two important constructions from the Roman period: the necropolis and the amphitheatre.
First, we'll explore the necropolis, one of the best-preserved historical funerary complexes in Spain. We'll learn about the burial rituals of the Romans and marvel at the impressive tombs carved into the rock.
In front of the necropolis and next to the Via Augusta that connected Rome to the Iberian Peninsula, we'll find the impressive Roman amphitheatre located outside the ancient Carmo where gladiator battles and other shows were held.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 19 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
Children under 11 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local guide specialising in history.
Entry to the Archaeological Site of Carmona.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Entrance to the Roman Necropolis of Carmona.