Discover a pre-Incan settlement in the Peruvian Amazonia on this day trip to the Kuelap archaeological site. You'll also enjoy a delicious lunch!
Kuelap Fortress Day Trip
After picking you up from your hotel at 8:20 am, we'll leave Chachapoyas behind and head south to Nuevo Tingo. When we arrive we'll hop on the cable car that will take us on a 20-minute ride all the way up to Kuelap, an ancient settlement located at the top of the Amazonian Andes.
As we approach the site, we'll marvel at the magnificent 20 metre high stone walls surrounded by cliffs and the Peruvian Amazonia. After an uphill walk of about 20 minutes, we'll arrive at the Kuelap architectural complex.
We'll explore the site to discover the fascinating circular structures that date back to the 5th century AD, such as El Tintero (Inkwell), the Templo Mayor (Main Temple) and the Torreón (Tower). Kuelap is considered the largest archaeological monument of pre-Incan civilizations in Peru!
Afterwards, we'll stop for lunch at a local restaurant. The menu will include soup followed by a main-course of chicken, fish or beef.
At the end of the trip, we'll take the cable car back down to Nuevo Tingo and set off on the return journey to Chachapoyas. We'll drop you off at your hotels at around 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 - 15 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 6 - 15 years oldUS$ 38.70
Children under 5 years oldUS$ 8.80
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Return cable car ticket
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).