Discover the charms of Cuenca easily and comfortably on board a tourist train. You'll see the ancient Castle, the Gothic Cathedral, Plaza Mayor and much more. All aboard!
Cuenca Tourist Train Itinerary
Embark on a sightseeing route lasting 60 minutes around the main sights of the Spanish city of Cuenca. Throughout your journey on the tourist train you'll enjoy fascinating explanations from your English-language audioguide about the myths and legends surrounding the monuments and landmarks of this World Heritage Site.
The Tourist Train begins its route at the Cuenca Castle, which has its origins in Islamic Spain, before making its way alongside Plaza Mayor (the main square), Calle Calderón de la Barca and the Auditorio, the city's impressive theatre. You'll also visit the San Julián Park, the magnificent Gothic-style Cuenca Cathedral and the 15th century Hanging Houses on the banks of the Huecar River.
See the full route and the different stops around Cuenca to plan your trip via the following link:
How does it work?
The Cuenca Tourist Train makes a number of stops throughout its route at the city's most important monuments. You can choose whether to make a full tour of the city to take in the sights from the comfort of the train (1 trip ticket), or spend a day hopping on and off the bus at the stops to explore Cuenca at your own pace.
Tourist train ticket options
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between two different ticket option for your Cuenca Tourist Train experience:
- 1 trip ticket: allows you to enjoy one complete journey on the tourist train.
- 1 day ticket: allows you to hop on and hop off the train as many times as you'd like at any of its stops throughout the city, during the day that you have selected.
November to March:
- The Cuenca tourist train runs from Thursday to Friday from 11 am to 4:20 pm.
April to October:
The Cuenca tourist train runs from Thursday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm.
You can check the schedules of the specific stops clicking on the following link.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|1 trip ticket||
|1 day ticket||
1 trip ticket
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 3.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
1 day ticket
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 4.50
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Cuenca Tourist Train ticket for the selected length of time.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).