Caves, monkeys and beautiful views: discover the fascinating natural and monumental heritage of the British territory of Gibraltar on this guided day trip to The Rock from El Portil.
Gibraltar Day Trip Itinerary
Departing from El Portil first thing in the morning on the day of your tour, you'll head in the direction of a village called La Línea de la Concepción which lies on the border with Gibraltar, the British Overseas Territory affectionately known as "The Rock".
Arriving in British Territory, you'll embark on a panoramic minibus tour of Gibraltar. This great introductory visit to the promontory will take you to see Europa Point, a spectacular viewpoint on The Rock's southernmost tip from which you'll be able to discern the North African coast on the horizon!
Continuing your route around Gibraltar, your next stop will be at an important landmark whose entrance is guarded by the famous Barbary macaques that inhabit The Rock. Passing the monkeys, you'll enter St Michael's Cave, part of the extensive cave system that snakes under Gibraltar, where you'll discover a curious secret...
Your panoramic bus tour will come to an end in central Gibraltar, where you'll be left to enjoy your free time: indulge in a traditional British lunch or treat yourself to some souvenirs in the shopping haven that is Main Street.
In the afternoon, you'll meet back up to make the return journey to El Portil after an excellent day exploring The Rock.
Please note that Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, and entry requirements are generally the same as UK entry requirements. You will need to show your passport or national ID card upon entry and nationals of some countries will also need a visa.
Pick up points and times
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in El Portil:
- Hotel Nuevo Portil Golf: 4:40 am.
- Playacartaya Spa Hotel: 4:40 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 50.50
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
English speaking guide.
Panoramic bus tour of Gibraltar.
Entrance to St Michael's Cave.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.