Located just across the Strait of Gibraltar, its fusion of African and European styles makes Tangier one of Morocco's most unique and interesting cities. Discover it on this day trip from Estepona!
Tangier Day Trip Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from Estepona and taken to the port of Tarifa, located in the southernmost point of Cadiz province, ready for your day trip to Africa.
Here, you'll climb aboard a ferry which will take you across the Strait of Gibraltar to the Moroccan coastal city of Tangier. Having disembarked, you'll set off on a walking tour of Tangier's historic centre, or Medina. Explore the old town and the Kasbah, the spectacular Medieval fortified citadel where your guide will reveal curious secrets about historic Sultans.
Your route will also take you to Tangier souk, the city's lively marketplace. Delve into the hustle and bustle of its winding lanes admiring the wares on sale, from spices and silks to the most unexpected of items! The guided walking tour will come to an end at a local restaurant where you'll enjoy a traditional Moroccan lunch: tagine, a typical stew of meat and vegetable, stands out as a speciality.
After eating, you'll embark on a panoramic bus tour of Tangier, giving you the opportunity to see monuments such as the Sidi Bou Abib Mosque, famous for its striking pink minaret. You'll then be taken back to the city's port for your return ferry to Tarifa, before being taken back to Estepona.
Between June and October, instead of taking the panoramic bus tour of Tangier, you'll visit Cape Spartel, the promontory at the point where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean Sea.
- Between November and April, the excursion is subject to variation depending on ferry timetables and the celebration of Ramadan.
- To travel to Tangier it is necessary to show a valid passport. Many countries do not require a visa to enter Morocco; please check whether your nationality requires Electronic Travel Authorisation before you travel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 97
Children under 4 years oldUS$ 64.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Transport by bus between Estepona and Tarifa port.
Return ticket for ferry between Tarifa and Tangier.
English speaking guide.
Panoramic bus tour and walking tour of Tangier city centre.
Traditional Moroccan lunch,
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.