Enjoy the natural beauty of the Formosa River and discover the variety of wildlife to be found in this protected area of the Algarve. With this tour, you'll sail the waters of the area by kayak, in an unforgettable day!
Algarve Kayak Tour: Ria Formosa
The tour meets at the indicated time in the Faro Marina, where we'll climb aboard a boat to begin our kayak tour. Before beginning, the instructor will give you basic instructions on how to use the kayak and explain the various security measures, then you can hit the water!
Over the course of two hours we'll sail the tranquil waters of the Formosa river, a protected area of the Algarve known for its natural beauty. Rowing your kayak around these wetlands you'll be able to see first hand the abundant wildlife-
With a guide to help you out, you'll spot the various different kinds of birds which live in the canals and marshes of the area. And you'll learn more about the way of life in the area, in harmony with its protected status.
At the mid-point of the tour, we'll make a stop on an island to rest and enjoy the calm of the Formosa River. A special moment! Then we'll row our way back to the start point, with views of the Faro old town as a stunning backdrop.
The tour then finishes back at the start point, following two hours around the river.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 6-10||under 6|
Children 6-10US$ 35.60
under 6not admitted
Kayak and oar rental.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).