Discover the true essence of Andalusia: explore the whitewashed houses of Frigiliana and the natural beauty of Nerja and its caves on this day trip from Fuengirola.
Frigiliana & Nerja Caves Day Trip Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from Fuengirola ready for a day of Andalusian adventure! After around an hour's drive, you'll arrive in the picturesque village of Frigiliana, characterised by its traditional whitewashed, terracotta-roofed houses nestled in the hills of Malaga province.
You'll then have free time to discover the village at your own pace and buy any souvenirs or local products you might like to try, like the region's famous sweet wine. Explore the winding cobblestone streets of Frigiliana, reaching its historic Moorish fortress, the Castillo de Lizar. Perched on the highest hilltop in the town, this old castle was used by some of the last defenders of Medieval Islamic Spain.
Halfway through the day, you'll leave Frigiliana behind and make your way to Nerja, an old fishing village that in recent years has become one of Malaga's most popular tourist resorts. You'll enjoy free time here too, wandering through its lively streets and drinking in unforgettable views of the crystal-clear Mediterranean Sea from the Balcón de Europa, or the "Balcony of Europe", as well as the rugged mountains that form the backdrop to Nerja.
The finishing touch on your day will be a visit to the legendary Nerja Caves. Admire the awe-inspiring galleries, stalactites and stalagmites that have formed here over thousands of years. An incredible wonder of nature!
Following an excellent day of sightseeing, you'll return to the bus for your journey back to Fuengirola.
This day trip form Fuengirola includes a pick up service from certain hotels in the area. If your hotel is not included on this list, the tour provider will inform you of the nearest meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 43.90
Children under 4 years oldUS$ 29.20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
Free time in Frigiliana.
Free time in Nerja.
Visit to Nerja Caves.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.