Immerse yourself in the marine depths for the first time with this scuba diving baptism around the island of Gili Trawangan, one of Indonesia's main submarine paradises.
Beginner Scuba Experience
Are you ready to scuba dive for the first time? We'll meet up at the scuba centre located in the Pesona Beach Resort & Spa Hotel on Gili Trawangan: one of Indonesia's most popular islands to practice underwater diving.
Firstly, your certified English speaking instructor will show you the basic principles of diving and the important regulations to follow, based on the DSD program (Discover Scuba Diving). Once we've got our wetsuits, masks, tubes and flippers on, we'll get to know these concepts submerging ourselves in the submarine centre's pool.
Once we've taken in the basics, we'll board the boats that will take us to the dive sites out at sea. When you book the activity you should choose whether you want to do one or two submersions.
We'll submerge to a maximum depth of 12 metres for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on each person's oxygen consumption. Under Gili Trawangan's coastal waters we'll discover a variety of marine fauna and flora that grow around this Indonesian paradise island.
After this unforgettable scuba diving baptism in Gili Trawangan, we'll get on the boat back to the submarine centre, where you'll get changed into your dry clothes.
There are two time slots for this remarkable experience in Gili Trawangan:
- 8:30 am: after the introductory training, the immersion will take place at 11:30 am. You'll return to the submarine centre at 1 pm.
- 10:30 am: once you've completed the training, we'll dive into the marine depths at 2 pm. Afterwards, there will be a 60 minute break where you can have lunch. We'll head back to the submarine centre at 4 pm.
The timetable varies depending on which submersion you choose.
- The minimum age to carry out this activity is 18 years old.
- It's not necessary to have prior scuba diving experience to enjoy the scuba diving baptism.
- Before the immersion, you must fill out a form to certify that you are physically fit.
- Your instructor holds an official PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) certification, so you can dive in total safety.
Per personUS$ 69.6
Per personUS$ 124.6
4 hours 30 mins - 5 hours 30 mins
The tour is exclusively in English.
PADI certified English speaking instructor.
Full scuba diving equipment.
Transfers by boat to the dive sites,
Local taxes (100,000 Indonesian rupiah per person; approximately 8 USD)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Gili Trawangan local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Pesona Beach Resort & Spa