Set off on a 1-hour walking tour of Vegueta, the Old Town of Las Palmas. Discover its history, its main squares, top monuments and buildings accompanied by an expert guide.
Vegueta Walking Tour
Begin your guided tour of Vegueta from Plaza Hurtado de Mendoza, popularly known as “plaza de las ranas” (The Frogs Square) because of the sculptures that decorate the fountain in its center.
Advance into the maze of little streets that make up the city’s historic center while you admire the buildings of Spanish colonial architecture. Your guide will reveal how everyday life was for the inhabitants of Las Palmas in the fifteenth century, when the city was founded.
Continue the tour of the capital of Gran Canaria by visiting Plaza de Santa Ana. The space is home to eight sculptures of dogs that represent the eight islands of the Canary Islands (including La Graciosa). The archipelago is also known as “tierra de los canes” (land of the canines) due to the enormous number of dogs in each island. These animals are so important that there are even four different breeds from the Canary Islands.
Next, marvel at the Las Palmas Cathedral, also located in Plaza de Santa Ana, one of the most striking temples of the city. Designed in a Gothic architectural style, it was the only cathedral in the Canary Islands until 1819.
The last stop of the tour is the Casa-Museo de Cristóbal Colón. Go over the history of this emblematic building, a former governmental residence visited by the Admiral of Castile in 1492 during his first trip to the New World.
The tour will come to an end next to the Casa-Museo de Cristóbal Colón (Columbus House). Your guide will explain certain details about this historic edifice. If you want to visit the museum, you must do it on your own accord. The admission ticket for adults is just 4 euros and 2€ for students and seniors. Children under 10 years old do not pay.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Infants under 4 years old|
Infants under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide expert in the history and culture of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Admission tickets to the Casa Museo de Crisóbal Colón (4 euros).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (1:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Plaza Hurtado de Mendoza