Make the most of your stay in Granada to discover this unique path located 105 meters above the Gaitanes Gorge, with this Caminito del Rey Day Trip.
Caminito del Rey Day Trip
From the Plaza de Mariana Pineda in Granada, we'll travel to the province of Malaga to visit one of the most breathtaking mountain routes in Andalusia, the Caminito del Rey.
When King Alfonso XIII inaugurated the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoirs in 1921, he never thought that opening such an important infrastructure meant he would have to cross a footbridge situated at 105 metres above the Desfiladero de Los Gaitanes. Since then, the Caminito del Rey (which reopened to the public in 2015) is one of the most spectacular paths in southern Europe. Just like the monarch, we'll also be shocked as we walk along this amazing path built on the rock.
Following explanations from an expert guide, we'll contemplate the incredible views of the surrounding landscapes that can be seen from this location. We'll also learn some curious facts about this environmental setting which holds such special importance for the local fauna and flora.
Once the route along the Caminito del Rey is finished, you'll have a few minutes of free time. Then we'll return to Granada with the views of the Guadalorce and all its surroundings etched in our minds forever.
- Children under 8 years old aren't permitted to access the Caminito del Rey.
- Entry may be affected by adverse weather conditions.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 12 years old|
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 50.90
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport in a climatised vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Caminito del Rey.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (8:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Mariana Pineda.