What better way to get to know Granada than on a free walking tour with a local guide?! On this tour you'll be led around the hisotric centre by a local expert, and best of all, it's free!
Free Walking Tour of Granada
At the indicated time the tour meets in plaza de Bib-Rambla to begin a two hour exploration of Granada, a city with long history both Christian and Muslim, with the sweet smell of incense wafting around every corner and the sounds of flamenco drifting through the streets.
From the "Fountain of the Giants" which can be found in the square, we'll lead you round the Granada Cathedral, the old silk market (or Alcaicería as it was known in the Emirate of Granada) and the Royal Chapel, where the bodies of Spanish Monarchs Isabel I and Ferdinand II still lie.
The tour will immerse you in the very soul of Granada, with its unique atmosphere easy to feel in the streets, squares and buildings with gothic and renaissance touches. And you'll feel transported back to the time of Muslim rule on our tour around Albaicín with its narrow winding streets dating back to the time of the Nasrid Kingdom.
Our free tour of Granada finally ends in Plaza de Santa Ana.
This free tour does not allow reservations of more than 6 people. If you are a larger group, please check out our private tour of Granada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza de Bib-Rambla, Next to the