Discover the deep-rooted traditions of rural Andalusia. See fighting bulls and purebred horses, taste wine at a local vineyard and learn all about the pilgramage centre of El Rocío.
Condado de Huelva: Andalusian Traditions Tour
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Huelva, leaving the city behind to head deep into the Andalusian countryside. The first stop along your route will be at a prestigious cattle breeding ranch, where you'll have the opportunity to see the region's most emblematic animals roaming free. Admire the majestic fighting bulls and the beautiful purebred Spanish horses as you learn all about them and their traditional habitat.
Next, you'll embrace the gastronomic side of the local culture and tradition, with a visit to a vineyard and winery. Hear all about the production process of the area's famous wines, which have been made here since at least the 14th century. Following your guided tour, you'll enjoy a wine tasting before having free time to eat lunch (not included).
Continue your tour next to El Rocío, a hermitage located in the heart of the beautiful Doñana National Park. As you stroll around the sand-covered grounds, your expert guide will explain the history of the site. The hermitage is home to the small but much-venerated wooden statue of the Virgin of El Rocío, and is the destination of the Romería de El Rocío, a pilgramage that brings almost a million visitors to Huelva each year.
After touring El Rocío, you'll have the chance to explore more of Doñana National Park's spectacular natural scenery and take in its unique biodiversity. At the end of a full day, you'll return to Huelva to be dropped off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 38.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Visit to a farm.
Visit to a winery and wine tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.