Discover the enchanting Scottish highlands and their charming villages, landscapes, and animals when you take this trip to Applecross and the surrounding countryside.
Applecross and the Highlands Trip
We will meet up in the morning at Inverness bus station where we will start our journey to the Applecross peninsula.
After a journey of around one hour and a half, which takes us through the picturesque Black Island, we will arrive at our first stop, the village of Lochcarron. There you will have the opportunity to take some photos of the immense Loch Carron estuary.
Later, we will continue our trip towards the Applecross peninsula. Along the way, we will pass the remote village of Achnitraid, situated on the shores of Loch Kishorn, and cross the Bealach na Ba mountain pass which winds its way through dramatic, steep landscapes. At the summit of the pass, we will make a stop so you can capture the stunning views of the highlands with your camera.
Then we start our descent to the village of Applecross. When we arrive, you will discover the beautiful bay and the rich variety of wildlife of this environment including otters and deers.
After exploring the principal locations in Applecross, we will climb back onto the bus to start our return trip to Inverness. During the journey, we will pass spectacular locations such as Loch Torridon and the Beinn Eighe - the first National Nature Reserve in Great Britain founded in 1951.
On the way back to Inverness, we will also make a brief stop at the fishing village of Shieldaig to stretch our legs and have something to eat or drink if necessary. Our final stop is Kinlochewe before we reach Inverness bus station.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children from 5 to 16 years oldFree
Seniors over 60 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour is exclusively in English.
Guide in English.
Transport by bus.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Platform 6 at Inverness bus station.