Visit the enormous Meteora mountains and its ancient mountains, one of the most beautiful and impressive sights in all Greece.
Meteora Monasteries Day Trip
We'll pick you up from your hotel firs thing in the morning, climbing aboard a minibus which will take you to the famous hanging monasteries of Meteora, only ten minutes away from Kastraki.
Your English speaking guide will explain over four hours the origin of these rocky formations over 600 metres up, which date back 30 million years. And you'll learn about the story of St. Atanasio, the monk who in the 14th century decided to build the first of the 24 monasteries in Meteora: Gran Meteoro.
Today, apart from that first one, only five others remain: Varlaam, Rousanou, St. Nicholas Anapausas, St. Stephen and Holy Trinity. The rest have succumbed to the passage of time - but during the tour, you'll be able to visit inside three of those still standing (entrance not included), depending on the day you want to take the excursion. The visit will not be guided, but you'll get all the information you need before you enter.
Around 1 pm we'll finish the visit to Meteora, and accompany you back to your hotel in Kastraki.
If you would prefer to leave from Kalambaka, it is also possible to reserve the excursion from Kalambaka.
- A single ticket to each monastery costs 3 euros per person, and is not included in the price of the excursion.
- Depending on the day, some of the monasteries may be closed to the public, apart from on Saturdays and Sundays when they are all open. For example, the Great Meteoron monastery is closed on Tuesdays. If your reservation is for this day, we will simply admire the monastery from outside.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 15||Children under 4|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 4 to 15US$ 18.20
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Free WiFi in the minibus.
Free map of Meteora.
Entry to the monasteries (€3 each).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.