Sign up for this two or three day SSI Open Water Diver course and discover a whole new world of coral reefs and tropical fish around the Phi Phi Islands. What are you waiting for?
SSI Open Water Diver Course
The SSI Open Water Diver Course is the ideal option for travellers looking to learn to scuba dive in the incredible turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea.
Day 1: Confined waters
On the first day of the course, we'll meet up at 10 am at the dive centre. Using the theory that you studied at home, we'll head to the beach and spend two hours practicing the basic techniques of SSI Open Water Diving.
After this first contact with scuba diving, we'll take a two hour break and you'll be free to go and have lunch (not included). We'll then meet back up at 2 pm, and we'll jump back into the sea to dive for two hours in confined waters, a dive site at which the environment is predictable and controlled. The first day of the course will end at 6 pm back at the original meeting point.
Day 2: Scuba diving
The second day of your SSI Open Water Diver Course will see us meeting at the dive centre at 7:20 am or 1:20 am, depending on your choice. There, we'll get kitted out in our equipment and head into the water to discover the wealth of underwater life around Koh Phi Phi Le, one of the islands that make up the Phi Phi Islands National Park.
We'll spend an hour scuba diving around the coral reefs, before returning to the surface for a brief break. Energised, we'll head back underwater for a second hour of diving and spotting the most vividly coloured tropical fish.
After around four and a half hours of diving, you'll be able to take a test in order to qualify for your SSI Open Water certificate. Afterwards, the activity will finish back at the original meeting point.
If you want to perfect your diving technique, you can select the 3-day course option when booking. With this option, you'll have two more one-hour dives on Koh Phi Phi Le on the third day. You'll have to choose if you want to do the activity in the morning from 7:30 am to 12 pm, or in the afternoon from 1:20 pm to 6 pm.
Scuba diving theory
After making your reservation, we'll send you a dossier containing the theory of scuba diving. You must study this at home then bring the dossier with you on the first day of your course.
Who can participate in this activity?
- On the first day of the course you will have to pass a swimming test: 200 metres freestyle and no time limit.
Dive sites may vary depending on weather conditions or group needs.
To participate in the scuba diving, you must sign a medical form in the diving centre.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||under 10|
|2 day course||
|3 day course||
2 day course
Per personUS$ 316.20
under 10not admitted
3 day course
Per personUS$ 412
under 10not admitted
2 days - 3 days.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Two or three day diving course.
English speaking instructor.
Scuba diving equipment.
Entrance to Phi Phi Islands Park (400 THB, 13 USD approx., on the first day; 200 THB, 6 USD approx. on the second and third days).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Princess Divers Centre.