On this trip to the Los Haitises National Park you'll get to cruise along Samaná Bay and discover one of the most beautiful places in the Dominican Republic.
Los Haitises Day trip
After we pick you up from your hotel from 5:30 am, we'll head north, towards the Los Haitises National Park.
After a three hour journey we'll delve into one of the most beautiful places in the Dominican Republic: Samaná Bay. Once we're there we'll board a boat and cruise along the Caño Hondo river, where we'll explore an impressive rocky landscape.
Then we'll go back to the shore to visit some hidden caves in the middle of the jungle. Inside them we'll see the petroglyphs engraved on the walls by the indigenous people. We'll also walk trails of the Los Haitises National Park and come across some of its wildlife: manatees, pelicans, boa constrictors and sea turtles.
At midday we'll recharge our batteries with a traditional lunch of fried fish, grilled meat and vegetables. Then you'll get the chance to relax in a medicinal mud bath!
At the end of the day we'll go back to La Romana and drop you off at your hotel.
Hotel pick up
The day trip to the Los Haitises National Park includes pick up from hotels in La Romana and Bayahibe.
Pick up from Punta Cana
You can also book this tour with pick up from Punta Cana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 25% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Childreen between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5|
Childreen between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 65
Children under 5Free
11 hours - 11 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
Entry to the Los Haitises National Park.
Traditional Dominican lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).