Discover the Los Haitises National Park, one of the most beautiful corners of the Dominican Republic. You'll take a cruise across the Samaná Bay and explore caves in the jungle. Unmissable!
Los Haitises Day Trip
Having picked you up at your hotel we'll make our way to the Los Haitises National Park, found in the Samaná Bay.
The tour begins with a cruise of the Caño Hondo river, where we'll discover a fairytale landscape filled with mangrove forests, hidden caverns, and rocky promontories. The cruise continues along the equally stunning landscapes of San Lorenzo and Samaná.
Back on firm ground, the tour explores caves in the jungle where the indigenous peoples made petrographs which are still being studied today. We'll walk the trails of the Los Haitises National Park, admiring the great ecological wealth of the natural reserve where manatees, pelicans, boa constrictors and turtles abound.
At midday we'll fuel up with a typical Dominican lunch consisting of fried fish, grilled meats and vegetables. Then you can enjoy a mud bath after which you're sure to feel born again: the best way to end a fascinating tour!
The tour finishes back at your hotel.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes pick up in the following areas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto and Cap Cana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 25% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 12US$ 65
Children under 5Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Los Haitises National Park.
Typical Dominican Lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).