Enjoy a beach day on the red hot coasts of Saona Island, a Caribbean paradise to the south of the Dominican Republic with wild vegetation and beautiful coral reefs.
Catamaran Cruise to Saona Island
We'll pick you up first thing in the morning, hitting the road towards the Bayahibe port. From here we'll take a catamaran yacht to Saona island.
We'll make a twenty-minute stop at a paradisical natural pool formed by a sandbank in the middle of the sea. Enjoy the warm and shallow waters, see if you can find the starfish that live here and take unforgettable photos.
As you drink in the Caribbean coast from the viewing deck of the boat you can enjoy a free bar with Caribbean music on deck.
And upon arrival at Saona Island, you'll have two and a half hours of free time to play volleyball on the golden sand beaches or simply relax under the Caribbean sun. Around midday, we'll try the Dominican Republic's rich gastronomy, with a beachside buffet lunch.
And the cherry on top is a speedboat which provides an injection of adrenaline as it takes us back to the Bayahibe port from where we'll return to the hotels of Punta Cana. If the group exceeds 15 people, we'll return to Bayahibe by catamaran
Complete your experience
When making your reservation, you'll have the option to complete your experience with the addition of snorkelling. The itinerary will be the same, but you'll also have the opportunity to snorkel among the coral reefs of Saona Island.
- You must know how to swim to participate in this snorkelling activity.
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back problems.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick up in the following areas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto and Cap Cana.
Excursion from La Romana
If you would prefer, this excursion is also available from La Romana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 25% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11||Children under 3|
|Catamaran cruise + snorkelling||
Children between 3 and 11US$ 35
Children under 3Free
Catamaran cruise + snorkelling
Children between 3 and 11US$ 41
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Catamaran yacht cruise.
Snorkelling equipment (optional).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the maximum capacity of the boats?
A - The speed boats have a maximum capacity of 15 people, and the catamaran has a maximum capacity of 50 people.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).