Pass through the Santo Domingo colonial area in this tour where you'll discover the legacy of the Columbus family and the main monuments of the oldest city in America.
First thing in the morning we'll pass by your hotel to pick you up and leave towards the Dominican capital, arriving following a two-hour bus journey.
On our guided tour of the Santo Domingo colonial area, we'll pass through the historic centre from the 16th century, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The visit begins with the Cathedral of Santa María la Menor, the first cathedral built in the new world. Here we can see a stunning example of the "plateresque" architectural style, prevalent throughout Spain from the late 15th century onwards, and used for the first time outside Spain in this cathedral.
Next, we'll see the National Pantheon, a monument from the 18th century which houses the remains of many of the Dominican Republic's most famous and honoured citizens. Next, the tour visits Plaza de España, where the Alcázar de Colón can be found, the old residence of Christopher Columbus himself. And the Museum of Royal Houses, where we'll learn about the palaces in which the old governors stayed, but we won't visit on this tour. After having visited the museum we'll pause to enjoy a typical Dominican lunch in the centre of the city.
The excursion continues over the afternoon with a panoramic tour of the Santo Domingo new town, where we'll see some of the most important buildings in the Dominican capital, such as the Palace of Fine Arts, the National Theatre, or the Presidential Palace. The route ends on the banks of the Ozama River, with a visit to the Columbus Lighthouse, a monument dedicated to the famous explorer, where his remains are said to rest.
With the tour of Santo Domingo over, we begin our return journey to the hotels of Punta Cana, where we'll arrive late in the afternoon.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes hotel pick up in the following areas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto, Cap Cana and Bayahibe.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11||Children under 4|
US$ 90 US$ 85.50
AdultsUS$ 90 US$ 85.50
Children between 4 and 11US$ 45
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to all the museums and momuments visited
Typical Dominican lunch.
5% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.