On this visit, we'll see the Luxor Museum and the Museum of Mummification, the two most important and most visited museums in Egypt after the Cairo Egyptian Museum.
Having picked you up at your hotel, or the boat where you're staying, we'll make our way to the Luxor Museum, the second most visited museum in the country, only beaten by the Cairo Egyptian Museum.
This museum contains pieces which were excavated in the many historically relevant places in the region, such as the Luxor and Karnak temples. Jewels, ceramics, statues and stone tablets form part of the extensive collection. Some of the masterworks in the museum are objects belonging to Tutankhamun, the statue of Thutmose III and the Karnak temple mural.
Our next stop will be the Mummification Museum, protected by the god Anubis and her Jackal shaped head. Inaugurated in 1997, this museum explains the 70-day mummification process and will explain to you the strange rite, such as the origin of the instruments, or the social exclusion suffered by those who worked on the bodies.
After this interesting history lesson, we'll take you back to your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
US$ 60.70 US$ 53.40
US$ 30.30 US$ 24.20
English Language Tour
AdultsUS$ 60.70 US$ 53.40
Children between 6 and 12US$ 30.30 US$ 24.20
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Expert egyptologist guide.
Tickets to the two museums visited.
12% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.